As summer fades away and you notice the days begin to get shorter, a desire for coziness and comfort begins to appear and an excitement for change buzzes in the air. Fall is a new kind of energy and I get so excited for all of the heart warming dishes that come with season.
One of my favorites is Golden Milk Chai. Even though this recipe can be enjoyed all year long, it warms you up when the weather starts to cool down. When paired with the chai tea spices + Fierce Compassion elixir, this recipe is anti-inflammatory, heart-healing + mood-boosting.
Other benefits of turmeric:
- Supports healthy joints + boosts mobility
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system + improves circulation
- Stabilizes metabolism + helps prevent weight gain
- Reduces symptoms of bloating + indigestion
- As an adaptogen: balances hormones + helps manage stress
- As an antioxidant: fights free radicals in the body + promotes healthy skin
For more on this super-herb, check out this post by Sayer Ji, Founder of Green Med Info: 500 Reasons Why Turmeric May Be The World's Most Important Herb!
- 8 oz oat milk or milk of choice
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric, ground
- 1 chai blend tea bag
- Maple syrup to taste
- LOTUSWEI Fierce Compassion Flower Elixir
- Calendula petals for garnish
- Add all ingredients, except your Fierce Compassion Elixir and calendula petals, to a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Bring golden milk to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Allow your chai blend tea bag to steep for 5-7 minutes. Remove tea bag and stir.
- Pour golden milk into your favorite mug and add 5 drops of your LOTUSWEI Fierce Compassion Elixir.
- Garnish with calendula petals + enjoy.
Cheers + happy fall!