There's something about fall rituals that feel extra special to me. I absolutely loved this post where the team shared their favorites and it got me to thinking about other fall rituals that I love.
One of my favorite things to do during the fall is apple picking! It's the perfect excuse to get bundled up, drive up to Sedona and enjoy a hot cup of apple cider and grab as many apples as I can carry.
And when I get home, it's time to figure out what I'm going to do with all these apples! This time it was an apple crumble. It's so simple, but it's also so delicious, which is what I love about it. You can make it for just yourself or surprise a group of friends.
For the apples
- 4-6 small apples
- ¼ c honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- A thumb size of fresh ginger, minced
For the Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 can coconut cream, chilled
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- LOTUSWEI Infinite Love Elixir
Apple Bake Toppings
- Coconut Flakes
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Ground Cinnamon for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- After washing your apples, cut into 1 inch pieces and add to a medium sized bowl.
- To the apples, add honey, cinnamon, and fresh ginger and stir well, making sure the apples are evenly coated.
- Spread apples on your baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees. Apples should be tender, but not mushy.
- Once apples are baked, remove from the oven and set aside.
- While apples are cooling, prepare your whipped cream. In a medium sized bowl, add the chilled coconut cream, maple syrup, vanilla and rose water.
- With a hand mixer on high speed whip coconut cream into soft peaks.
Fill 4-6 small ramekins with apples, top with desired toppings and a giant dollop of coconut whipped cream. Finish with a dusting of ground cinnamon, edible gold leaf, and a drizzle of LOTUSWEI Infinite Love Elixir.
Happy Apple Picking!