If you missed our Solstice Event in June, Herbal Astrologist, Juliana Bishop shared some amazing tips about what things we could do to embrace Cancer Season and I was ready to jump right in.
Since we learned that Cancer Season is all about getting back to those things that made us feel safe and nourished as a child, I instantly thought about baking - specifically Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Baking has always been something that I’ve loved to do with my mom or grandma, and cookies just remind me of those special summer treats you get to indulge in.
I loved the idea of making a thumbprint cookie. It invites you to be a little creative with what you want to fill it with. I chose a mixed berry jam for some and delicious pieces of Wei of Chocolate for the rest, but pretty much any kind of filling is on the table, just make sure to drizzle a little LOTUSWEI Elixir and dried flowers for garnish.
- 2 ⅓ cups Bob’s Redmill 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1 cup vegan butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacement + 4 tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅔ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup blue corn flour
- 15 pieces Wei of Chocolate
- Sea Salt Flakes + Edible Flowers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix egg replacer + water and set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish or saucepan, melt vegan butter. Once melted add coconut sugar + agave nectar.
- Add butter mixture and egg replacer to dry ingredients.
- Drop cookie dough by rounded 1 tablespoons on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Unwrap Wei of Chocolate pieces and push into each cookie, and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 .
- Remove cookies from the oven and drop 1 drop of your favorite LOTUSWEI Elixir onto each cookie.
- Allow cookies to cool completely and enjoy!
These cookies turned out so good! The jam was like a warm, sticky summer night, but still sweet and full of life. The chocolate was perfectly melted. It reminded me of chocolate candies you accidentally left in the car that melted in their wrappers but still indulged in because chocolate!
Do you have a summer treat you like to make that reminds you of your childhood summer? What things are you doing to nourish yourself for Cancer Season?
Missed our Solstice Event? Sign up for the SAN Center Newsletter and be the first to know about upcoming events, workshops and classes. Plus, receive amazing free content on our flower fun, magic travels + recipes!
Love + chocolate chip cookies,