EP 29: Finding Your Herbal Sweet Spot with Rosalee de la Forêt
Rosalee de la Forêt is an herbalist and best selling author of Alchemy of Herbs: Transforming Everyday Ingredients into Foods and Remedies that Heal. She ispassionate about helping people discover the world of herbalism and natural health. As the the Education Director for LearningHerbs she regularly teaches people how to simply and effectively explore the world of herbalism.
LISTEN to this episode on:
iTunes Google Play Spotify
What you'll hear in this episode:
- Benefits of herbs + spices for digestion
- The importance of phytonutrients and how the get more in your diet
- Identifying the root causes of imbalance and deficiencies in our bodies
- Hot, cold, damp, + dry: how these symptoms can guide you to the herbs and spices that you need
- How the taste of herbs + spices can determine their energetic qualities (pungent, salty, sour, bitter, sweet)
- Pungent: warming + drying (cayenne)
- Salty: drying (nettles, rosemary)
- Bitter: stimulating (cacao, coffee)
- Sour: toning + tightening (elderberry, rose)
- Sweet: adaptogenic (ginseng)
- Finding your herbal ‘sweet spot’
Connect with Rosalee:
Visit Rosalee's website!
DOWNLOAD ROSALEE'S E-BOOK FULL OF HER FAVORITE SPRING RECIPES!
Love + flower petals,